Friday, October 18, 2013

Sad Keanu Meme Custom Action Figure



Since Speed Keanu Reeves has been my favorite actor. When the Sad Keanu meme came along I saw the appeal because of the mystery that comes from not knowing a lot about Keanu and his tragic past lead to something that is humorous by taking something ordinary and taking the seriousness out of it.

I have never really been great at the art of toy customization, but I have always been interested in it. This is my Sad Keanu custom action, and he came out pretty well. I'm a big fan of the meme and I wanted to have my own so Sad Keanu can always grace my shelf or desk. 

The body is from a movie Wolverine figure I removed all appendages and had to modify his leather coat to look move like Keanu's blazer. The leg and boots were also cut to make it fit the jeans. The hands and boots are from an Eric Draven The Crow figure. I painted the tee and boots to match the outfit he wears in the meme. The head is actually Keanu from a Zion Neo figure from The Matrix, I painted the beard on. 

I have no current ideas for customs, but possibly a superman figure in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment